- CEO Pascal Suriot told the Sunday Times over the weekend that the COVID-19 vaccine developed by AstraZeneca could be 95% effective in preventing the virus.
- Soriot also said he believed the vaccine could protect against a new strain of COVID-19 that is more contagious than the original and is spreading across the UK.
- AstraZeneca provided vaccine data to UK health regulators last week, and licensing of emergency use could be imminent, with publication expected to UK citizens by early next week.
- AstraZeneca shares jumped 4% in Monday’s trading.
- See AstraZeneca’s trade live here.
The COVID-19 vaccine he has developed AstraZeneca You could obtain permission for emergency use from UK regulators by Monday or Tuesday this week, with the expectation that the vaccine will be introduced to UK citizens in the first week of 2021. According to The Telegraph.
AstraZeneca provided COVID-19 vaccine data to UK regulators on December 23, and CEO Pascal Suriot believes the data will show the effectiveness of its vaccine in preventing COVID-19 infections as high as Pfizer & Biontec By 95%.
“We believe we have found the winning formula and how to get an efficacy that, after two doses, will be present with everyone else,” Soryu For the Sunday Times.
Suriot told the newspaper that the vaccine data would be published “at some point.”
AstraZeneca shares jumped 4% in Monday’s trading to $ 50.28.
Soriot added that he believes AstraZeneca’s COVID-19 vaccine will protect against a new strain of the virus which is believed to be more infectious than the original strain and is spreading in the UK.
“We believe that the vaccine should remain effective” against the new strain, Suriot told the Sunday Times, adding, “We cannot be sure, so we will test that.”
AstraZeneca’s highly effective COVID-19 vaccine can accelerate the rollout and administration of vaccines to people all over the world, since the two-dose vaccine does not require extremely cold storage like the mRNA vaccines it has developed modern And Pfizer / Biontech.
AstraZeneca vaccine requires refrigeration from 36 degrees to 46 degrees Fahrenheit and can be stored for at least six months.
The United States entered into a contract with AstraZeneca for 300 million doses of its vaccine, exceeding its order of 200 million vaccines for Moderna and Pfizer / BioNtech.
"Appassionato di cultura pop. Appassionato di alcolici hipster. Tipico esperto di tv. Esploratore. Analista."